So the last few days I’ve been using Veeam’s Backup program for backing up VM’s at work to give the tool a try and I really like it.
Last week I got the VMware vExpert Award and I found out I can have Veeam Backup and Replication v8 for 1 year for my home-lab and I’ve been giving it a try. I like it quite a bit thus far and I might very well push for it at my work so we can have outstanding backups!!!!!
Here is a link to a video on the product:
Here is a description of the product:
#1 VM Backup for VMware and Hyper-V
Veeam Backup & Replication™ is much more than backup – it provides fast, flexible, and reliable recovery of virtualized applications and data. We bring backup and replication together in a single solution to reinvent data protection and deliver the #1 VM backup for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments.
Organizations are modernizing their data centers in order to provision IT services faster, strengthen security and control, and lower operational costs. While building modern data centers, organizations invest in server virtualization, modern storage applications and cloud-based services. However, businesses are facing new demands from end users including access to data and applications 24/7, no patience for downtime or data loss, and exponential data growth at 30-50% per year.
This opens a gap—an availability gap—between the requirements of the Always-On Business™ and IT’s ability to effectively deliver availability. Veeam® bridges this gap by providing customers a new kind of solution—Availability for the Modern Data Center™, which delivers recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of < 15 minutes for ALL applications and data.
Veeam’s award-winning technology delivers:
- Recovery of failed VM in as little as 2 minutes
- Near-continuous data protection with built-in replication
- Fast, agentless item recovery and e-discovery for Microsoft ExchangeENHANCED!, SharePoint and Active Directory, along with transaction-level recovery of SQL databases
- Lower RPOs and 20x faster backups with backup from HP and NetApp storage snapshots
- Automatic recoverability testing of every backup and every replica, every time
- Offsite backups 50x faster than standard file copy with built-in WAN acceleration
- Fast and secure cloud backups with Veeam Cloud Connect
- Deduplication and compression to minimize storage consumption
- Offsite recovery with 1-click site failover and support for facilitated data center migrations with zero data loss